The Centre for Arctic Gas Hydrate, Environment, and Climate has recently decided to launch a completely redesigned and updated version of its website, with the technical support of gnist design in Tromsø. But the website has not only received a cosmetic upgrade; there are many new elements now available for viewers to explore. Listed below are some of the most exciting features that you simply can’t miss.
- Cruise Logs: Interested in where CAGE researchers have been collecting data, and what they have discovered? Browse over 30 cruise logs, organized by date with a short descriptive title. The link will lead you to a brief introduction, followed by a downloadable version of the report. And don’t miss the lovely photo(s) provided from each cruise!
- Cruise Navigation Tracks: This feature is related to the cruise logs, but is so unique that it deserves its own category on this list. Through the interactive map you can view CAGE cruise navigation tracks either individually by finding the link on the cruise log page, in groups sorted by date, or all at once. You can also use search keywords to find information on the type of cruise that interests you. Interested only in cruises investigating the water column? Search the keyword, and the software will suggest the cruises flagged with this specialty.
- Publication List: Our new searchable and sortable publication list provides access to every academic article, academic literature review, book review, chapter, and doctoral dissertation produced by CAGE members since its inception in 2013. You can sort the over 280 listings by title, author, publishing information (such as journal name), publication type, or year; in addition, it is possible to search by keyword, title, or author.
- Annual reports: Want to see research highlights from each year that CAGE has been operating? Download our annual report from 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and – coming soon – 2018, through the new website. Discover alongside us what we have learned, and the journey we took to get there.
- Photo of the month: Sometimes a finding is so interesting, you just have to see it for yourself. That is the purpose of our new Photo of the Month section – to provide the curious with an up-close and personal view of what our researchers are doing.
- Job openings: If you are interested in working for CAGE or know someone who is, be sure to keep an eye on our job openings page. PhD, PostDoc, and Research positions pop up throughout the year, so don’t miss out.
- People: Want to see the people behind the magic here at CAGE? Check out our newly updated personnel pages where you can browse all current employees by name or division.
In addition to these new features, you will also find old favorites such as news updates and press releases, descriptions of our research areas, our access to scientific infrastructure, information on the AMGG Trainee School, and more. Please browse and enjoy!
For questions or comments, please contact communications advisor and website coordinator Jessica Green.