As CAGE approaches the end of its tenure, we would like to share some highlights of our success and inform about where you can access the data and reports from our research. As part of this initiative to ensure a CAGE legacy, the CAGE director, our scientists, and the communication and database coordinators have written feature articles for the popular science magazine, “Ottar”.
Led by Norway’s Arctic University Museum, the popular science magazine “Ottar” is written in Norwegian and aimed at people of all ages and can be found in school and public libraries for all to enjoy. It is available for free online, and paper copies can be bought from Tromsø Museum.
The Ottar magazine includes the following CAGE contributions:
- Innledning (Introduction) by CAGE Director, Professor Karin Andreassen
- Hvor kommer metanlekkasjene fra? (Where do methane leaks come from?) by Professor Stefan Bünz, Associate Professor Andreia Plaza-Faverola, Dr Sunil Vadakkepuliyambatta and Dr Malin Waage
- Istidenes betydning (The importance of ice ages) by Associate Professor Monica Winsborrow, Professor Karin Andreassen, Dr Henry Patton and Dr Pavel Serov
- Økosystem som filter for metanlekkasjer (Ecosystem as a filter for methane leaks) by Associate Professor Arunima Sen, Dr Vincent Carrier and Professor Mette M. Svenning
- Overvåking av metan i vannet (Monitoring of methane in the water) by Dr Benedicte Ferré, Dr Knut Ola Dølven and PhD candidate Muhammed Fatih Sert
- Da Barentshavet lekket som en sil (When the Barents Sea leaked like a sieve) by Dr Jochen Knies, Dr Aivo Lepland, Dr Shyam Chand and Dr Gudmund Løvø
- Små, men fulle av gode historier: hva kan kalkskjellene til små havdyr fortelle oss om moderne klimaendringer og metanlekkasjer? (Small but full of good stories: what can the calcareous shells of small marine animals tell us about modern climate change and methane leaks) by Dr Naima El bani Altuna, PhD candidate Griselda Anglada-Ortiz, Dr Kasia Melaniuk, Dr Siri Ofstad, Dr Mohamed M. Ezat, Dr Kamila Sztybor, PhD candidate Christine Lockwood-Ireland and Professor Tine L. Rasmussen
- Formidling av forskning i CAGE (Dissemination of research in CAGE) by Dr Mariana Esteves and Professor Karin Andreassen
- CAGE Database, fra intern ressurs til offentlig arv (CAGE Database, from internal resource to public heritage) by Fabio Sarti and Professor Karin Andreassen